Wireless display, docking and entertainment, without performance compromise will become a reality with gigabit speed wireless I/O and will eliminate the unsightly cables that clutter today’s homes and offices.
Due to the multi-functionality of the WiGig specification, you can be assured that your devices connect to all other device categories in a broad cross-industry ecosystem, without worrying about which radio is in use. A single radio will enable a host of exciting new bandwidth-hungry applications: sending content for pristine display, Internet access, high-performance gaming, and lightning-fast data downloads.
- Unlike other wireless technologies that are proprietary or limited in scope, WiGig’s 60 GHz technology will enable interoperability between a broad set of applications and platforms, all at speeds more than 10 times faster than today’s wireless LANs.
The technical committees within WiGig Alliance began work on a multi-platform solution that enables a wide array of digital devices from different manufacturers to communicate without wires at multi-gigabit speeds. WiGig’s technology will free us from cables while enabling bandwidth-hungry applications including virtual PC docking, fast file transfers, quick syncing of mobile devices and automatic wireless connection with peripherals.
- Our 60 GHz technology will enable you to make more compact products that function faster, better and cheaper, while decreasing power consumption.
As our technology provides fatter pipes delivering more premium content to consumers, handheld devices will need to evolve to capitalize on value-add advanced multimedia opportunities and to avoid any potential design bottlenecks.
The broad adoption of the 60 GHz specification − which is being developed to satisfy the unique and rigorous performance requirements of the handset market, will enable handset devices to be central products in high-performance, advanced multimedia networks, rather than peripheral elements in the networks.
With low battery consumption and minimal part count, our 60 GHz technology will enable you to place radios in exceedingly smaller form factors.
- Give your customers the excitement of even higher-speed wireless connectivity with a seamless transition to our 60 GHz technology from your current offerings. The radio will fit on existing mini-card and half-mini card formats and satisfies the stringent low-power requirements for connectivity technologies in the PC market.
Our 60 GHz technology gives you an invaluable opportunity to make PCs the center of the digital home by enabling wireless applications without compromising performance.
As more offices and homes get broadband connections, the bottleneck for bandwidth-hungry applications has moved to wired connections. Multi-gigabit wireless communications will eliminate the previous speed penalty for going wireless while freeing us from the unsightly cables cluttering today’s homes and offices.
This technology will eliminate the speed “penalty” of going wireless – enabling no-compromise wireless desktop docking to peripherals and PCIe speeds.
- The flexible interface can be efficiently embedded into PCs, laptops, home media gateways, cell phones, flat panel TVs, set-top boxes, Blu-ray players, digital cameras and many more.
Our 60 GHz wireless technologies will ensure wide multi-vendor support across multiple platforms, enabling your products to communicate wirelessly at speeds never before experienced with existing wireless technology.
Our 60 GHz technology is designed specifically to coexist with millions of wireless devices already in use around the world.
- Our 60 GHz technology will enable two-way wireless connectivity at data rates that previously could only be accomplished with fiber optic cable.
Tri-band devices (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 60 GHz) will offer multi-gigabit wireless speeds while maintaining backward compatibility with existing Wi-Fi devices.